Father’s Day is coming quick. Hopefully you are ahead and already have your sermon written. But in case you are still looking for ideas, you have come to the right place!
Here are 15 ideas to help get your brain juices flowing and hopefully inspire you to preach your best Father’s Day sermon yet.
15 Father’s Day Sermon Ideas
- Preach David’s dying words to Solomon on how to be a man in 1 Kings 2:1-4.
- Preach Deuteronomy 6:4-9, and challenge fathers to be spiritual leaders in their family in every day life.
- Preach how children are a blessing from Psalm 127:3-5.
- Preach the story of David’s son Absalom rebelling against him. Even David, wasn’t a perfect parent and dealt with a rebellious child (2 Samuel 13-18).
- Preach how just as fathers discipline their kids, God disciplines us because He loves us (Proverbs 3:11-12).
- Preach the parable of the Prodigal Son. God is a loving father waiting for his sons to come home. (Luke 15:11-24).
- Preach Ezekiel 22:30 on how God looked for a man to stand in the gap, but couldn’t find one. Challenge fathers to stand in the gap.
- Preach the blessings of a man who fears the Lord from Psalm 112:1-10.
- Preach the blessings of a man who fears the Lord from Psalm 128:1-6.
- Preach the legacy a father leaves using Joel 1:3.
- Preach Christian family principles from Colossians 3:18-21.
- Preach Christian family principles from Ephesians 5:23-6:4.
- Preach from 1 Corinthians 4:14-17 on how a man can learn to be a good father even when they didn’t have a good example growing up.
- Preach encouragement for Fathers and young men to be strong in the Lord from 1 John 2:12-14.
- Preach the story of Abraham’s faithfulness in God’s command for him to sacrifice his one and only son, and how God, the perfect Father, sacrificed his only Son for us instead (Genesis 22:1-18).